Tuesday, July 22, 2008

school's in

Well, as I knew it would be, my summer has been a short one. But also a full one. And a really good one. I think going into it with few expectations of myself (usually my summer to do list spans a couple of notebook pages) due to the brevity of it was actually helpful. Although I am certainly not ready to end my summer vacation, and more specifically, end my full days spent with Madison and quite a few spent with Charlie, I am not facing this school year with the dread that so often accompanies the start back. Or with a bucket full of unmet expectations and unfinished projects. Not that there aren't a lot of those projects...they are definitely still there. But, I think with my mindset, I was able to focus on what was really more important rather than that ever-lingering list of shame. Rest. Adventure. Fun. Laughter. Time spent with the folks I love most in the world. Isn't that what summer should be about?

I promise to post a little summer re-cap soon...there are pics of Maddie that simply must be shared! But while I only have a few moments today between putting up bulletin boards and planning classroom guidance lessons, I thought I'd share the latest media spotlight on our school. This aired a few days ago.
Adios, Summer!
Bienvenidos School Year!

4 comments:

charlie said...

i'm glad you threw your to-do list in the garbage! at least for a little while.

Sara said...

I am so thankful God gave you that school and that school you.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

I had a summer like this as well. It's the best, isn't it? I don't want summer to be over.:)

Jenny said...

what a blessing you are to charlie and maddie and to your students! i love hearing about your school,and knowing more about my school makes me all the more excited about newcomers.
you are a wonderful wife, mommy, and teacher. i'm proud of you!