Monday, June 15, 2009

you


you are.
a comforter. a comedian. an example of Christ.

you share.
your thoughts. your feelings. your life.
with me.

you keep me.
grounded. laughing. living life to the fullest.

you make.
strangers smile. others feel at ease. mistakes and are quick to ask for forgiveness.

you see.
the big picture. the beauty in nature. the importance of traditions.

you show me.
grace. love. God's heart where i don't always see it.

you think i'm.
better. prettier. smarter. more talented.
than i think i am.

you listen to me.
cry. vent. dream.

you bring.
spontanaeity. fun. relaxation.
into my life.

you know.
my strengths. my flaws. my heart.

you believe.
that you live with two princesses. that you can accomplish anything you set out to do. that God's love for you is real. and huge. and limitless.

you help me.
parent our daughter. clean our house. "close my windows".

you are.
my true love. my best friend. my husband.

i love YOU, charlie. thank you for the past 7 years of marriage. and the past 12 years of life together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very special, beautiful words of love, appropriate for the title of this blog
anne

Sara said...

beautiful. you said it well.